Hello & Hallo,
So THIS is one of my all-time favourite, quick, go- to recipes. I cook this at least once or twice a month! And best of all – it is a healthy fish dish that does not make the whole flat stink like a fish factory!
Unfortunately, I did not think this recipe myself. I got it from Sophie Wright’s cookbook “Home at 7, Dinner at 8”. This cook book is great – easy, unpretentious, easy and mostly quick dishes – and I use 3 or 4 recipes from it regularly.
What you need (for 2):
- 2 salmon filets without the skin (if the skin is on you need to cut it off with a sharp knife)
- New potatoes (2-3 handfuls or however much you need to be full & can fit on your oven tray)
- 1 pack green asparagus
- 10-20 Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Cut the potatoes in slices ca 0.5cm thick. On a baking tray lay the potato slices on
aking paper in a single layer & sprinkle some olive oil over the potatoes. Put the tray with the potatoes in the o
ven for 15 minutes.
- Once the 15 min are over take the tray out of the over. Turn the heat down to 180 degree C.
- Lay the salmon filets, then the asparagus & tomatoes on the potatoes. Pour a little of olive oil over the salmon & season again. Put this in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the time is up take the tray out of the oven, put the food on plates & squeeze some lemon juice over it all
(fish, potatoes – everything).
- You are done!
This is SO EASY. This recipe cooks itself & cutting the potatoes into slices is all you really need to do. The result is light if go easy on the olive oil (I have overdone it before), fresh (the lemon juice) and just delicious!
Give it a go & let me know what you think!
Enjoy & Guten Appetite,