Hello & Hallo,
Smoothies are a great option for meal on the go – be it breakfast, after you lunchtime gym-class or even when you don’t have time for dinner – e.g. because you are going to an evening event.
Over the last year I have started to getting into smoothies and protein powders. I am on a predominately plant-based diet which can make it difficult to get in all your protein. Protein powders are a very convenient & quick way to adding this to your diet.
I tend to mix flavoured & unflavoured protein powders because the flavoured ones on their own are a bit sweet for me. By adding some unflavoured protein this is ‘diluted’.
This week I tried something a bit different – beetroot!
The taste was surprisingly nice – fruity & the chocolate flavour worked really well with it. Definitely a repeater! See the recipe below:
- 1 tsp Chia seeds (white or black)
- 1 tsp Hemp seeds
- 1 tsp Peanut Butter (use your favourite — I make mine myself)
- 2 Handful of Spinach
- 50g Beetroot
- 12 Blackberries
- 1tsp Maca powder
- 1tsp Cacao powders (if you want it more chocolaty — Hell yeah!)
- 2tsp Cleans Inner Beauty Powder (got this at an event & want to use it up 😅)
- 5g Form Nutrition Pureblend Unflavoured
- 15g (1 scoop) Her Free Soul Vegan Chocolate Protein
- 1Tbsp Acacia Fiber
- Water and/or favourite milk — I used Rude Health Cashew Drink (my fav at the moment – creamy & smooth 😋)
- Sweetener of choice — optional (I used 1tsp agave)
- Mix the chia seeds with water and let sit for a few minutes. That way they can expand a bit before you mix the smoothie.
- Add all the remaining ingredients & mix until smooth. Done!
Enjoy right away or take it with you for a meal on the go.
Guten Appetit & Enjoy,