Hello & Hallo,
This Sunday I improvised the BEST BRUNCH EVER — Cauliflower & Pea Fritters. Super easy, quick & incredibly delicious!!! 😍
This is vegan & gluten-free. Read on for the recipe…
What you need:
- 2 cups garam flour (chickpea flour)
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 sliced spring onions
- 1 sliced green chilli
- Small bunch chopped fresh coriander
- Spices: Salt & pepper to taste, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp ground coriander, ½ tsp turmeric, ¼ tsp ground cardamom & anything else you fancy (paperica, chilli powder — get creative)
What to do:
- Mixed the garam four & spices in a large bowl. Add water & mix until you have a thick batter.
- Cut / break the cauliflower in medium florets & cook for 6 minutes until soft but not mushy. Defrost the peas.
- Add the cooked cauliflower to the batter & mixed. Break some of the cauliflower up or mush it in the bowl. Add the peas. (There might be some cooking water left in the cauliflower — if the batter goes too runny because of this add some more flour.)
- Heat a non-sticky frying pan to medium heat. Add 2 tbst of batter to make one fritter. Fry for 3-4 minutes until the fritter sets at the top. Turn & cook for another 2-4 minutes.
I served this with some fresh tomato & steamed spinach. Avocado would also have been delicious. Mango chutney is the PERFECT condiment! 😋
Delicious for brunch & any leftovers (if anything is left 😉) makes the perfect quick lunch!
Guten Appetit & Enjoy!