Hello & Hallo,
It’s time for another porridge recipe – coconut millet porridge 🥥🥣 ! I had some millet leftover from dinner — what better way to use it than make porridge with it!
Here is how…
Porridge is amazing but doesn’t always need to be made from oats. Millet is a naturally gluten-free grain which reminds me a bit of couscous. It is great with salads or as an alternative to rice & quinoa.
What you need:
- 1 cup cooked millet
- 2 tsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp Coconut cream (or more if you want it creamier)
- ½ cup water
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- Sweetener of choice (optional) — I used ½ tsp agave syrup
- ½ cup of mango (or any other fruit you fancy)
What to do:
- Heat a small saucepan to medium heat. Add the desiccated coconut & toast until gold brown.
- Remove the coconut & place the saucepan back on the hob.
- Add the millet & water to the saucepan. When the water is absorbed add the coconut cream, cardamom & sweetener (if using).
- While the porridge is simmering cut the mango / fruit into pieces.
- Once the porridge has thickened pour it into a bowl. Add the mango & sprinkle with the toasted coconut.
This porridge is rich, subtly sweet & so satisfying. I will make ‘too much’ millet more often 😉
Let me know if you try it & what you think 💜💜💜
Guten Appetit & Enjoy!