Hello & Hallo,
You might have seen all those new vegan probiotic drinks popping-up in supermarkets recently. A lot of them are super-delicious & taste more like desert than anything else. This made me think how else can I use them rather than just knocking them back.
Entrance – Chia Pudding!
Here is how it is done…
A little while ago I posted a Chia pudding recipe — the classic way. This is a slightly different spin on this healthy, hipster-y breakfast staple. I added some quinoa flakes for some extra protein.
What you need:
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 20g quinoa flakes (I got mine from Planet Organic)
- 1 tsp hemp seed hearts
- 1 125ml Biomel Vanilla Shot
- Optional: Pinch of ground cardamom, cinnamon or any other spice you like
- ½ cup of strawberries 🍓 & raspberries for the topping (or any other fruit you fancy…mango 🥭 would also be delicious!)
What to do:
- Combine the chia seeds, quinoa, hemp seeds & spices (if using) in a bowl or clean jam jar.
- Add the Biomel shot & give a stir. Stir a few more times over the next 15-20 minutes.
- Pop in the fridge overnight or at least a few hours.
- Top with fruit. DONE — super quick, super delicious 😋!
The Biomel shot is rich in probiotic bacteria which is super healthy for the gut. Becuase they are ‘life cultures’ you can’t heat them up – so no adding to porridge. Chia pudding is a great way to use these 😄
Biomel also has their shots in natural, salted caramel & chocolate … I tried slated caramel & it was SO GOOD! I added it to an iced coffee which was to die for 😍
Have you tried any of these probiotic shots or vegan kefir? Any thoughts?
Guten Appetit & Enjoy!